Step 1 - Acquire authorization and instructions
To begin the return process, please call 866.899.5553 to speak with one of our fully trained customer service representatives.
Please Note: You may return your purchase within seven days for a refund or exchange. Goods must be returned in original packaging with all mounting hardware and wiring intact. Goods returned will be inspected and may be subject to a 15% re-stocking charge.
NOTE: The following items are considered FINAL SALE, NO REFUND AVAILABLE:
1. All sales on cut wire, ballasts, transformers, breakers, power supplies, batteries, fuses, bulbs, dimmers and contactors, art, mirrors and crystal chandeliers.
2. When goods have been specially ordered, reduced, or installed.
Deposit funds are non refundable. You deposited amount can be used for an instore credit.
Warranties are covered by the manufactures against defect. Limelight & Electric is not responsible
In most cases manufacturers must first approve the return. This process may take up to 7-10 business days. Once received, we will email you a Return Goods Authorization (RGA) number with a label and return instructions.
Step 2 - Shipping product back
Ship the item to our warehouse. Below are the keys to a successful return:
- Good Packaging: Re-pack products for return in the original box with original packaging material and additional tags attached to merchandise. Use the return label provided or your own label and write the RGA# exactly as instructed by LES. Do not write on the box to maintain its like-new condition. Improper labeling may result in the denial of return.
- Ship & Insure: Next, ship the product to our warehouse address provided using a carrier that will provide both a tracking number as well as a signature that the item was confirmed delivered, please do not ship Canada Post because they cannot provide these guarantees. If we are unable to confirm delivery of your item, this will result in the denial of a refund.
- Tracking Number: We require that returns are shipped via a carrier that will provide you with a return tracking number. If a return is shipped without a tracking number the customer will be liable if the item is lost by the carrier and no refund will be issued. Providing a tracking number will also accelerate your return process. Retain your tracking number and email it to us at [email protected] so that we can check on the progress of your return. If you have not received credit within 14 days from the date of delivery to our warehouse, please contact customer service at 866.899.5553 and provide them with the tracking number so that we can expedite the credit process for you.
You will have 30 days in which to return the product from the date that we receive approval from the manufacturer. After 30 days, the Return Authorization will expire and no replacements or refunds will be given.
In the event that a return becomes damaged on its way back to the return destination, Limelight will inform the customer via email that the item was received damaged and hold the product for up to 30 days. It is the customer's responsibility to file a claim with the shipping carrier and instruct Limelight concerning what to do with the damaged product. If Limelight has not received notification or response from the customer within 30 days, the item will be donated or destroyed.
Step 3 - Refunds
Once the returned item has been received and verified to have all original contents and packaging and confirmed to be free of damage, modification, or been worn, the refund credit process will begin.
Goods must be returned in original packaging with all mounting hardware and wiring intact.
Customers will be refunded via the same method in which the item was purchased or via cheque from Limelight. Refunds via cheque are typically issued within 14 business days of final approval.
Items returned without the proper RGA# or sent to the wrong address are subject to an automatic 50% restocking fee or complete forfeiture of your refund. If credit is to be given, it will be by store credit only. Please read your return instructions carefully to avoid delays and unnecessary expenses.
Please do not request a charge back from your credit card company during the return process. Due to the time it takes to resolve charge back disputes, it is usually better to be patient and wait for the return process to run its course. If a charge back has been submitted, we will not be able to credit you for your return until the charge back mediation process has been completed. This process can take up to 180 days.
Items Not Eligible For Return
- Special purchases, including: Daily Deals, clearance items, inventory sale items, custom quotes, special discounts, art, mirrors and crystal chandeliers are Final Sale. When goods have been specially ordered, reduced, or installed they are non-returnable.
- Any item that has been modified or used in any way, assembled, installed (including cut or clipped wires)
- Any item that is not in resalable condition.
- Any item not accompanied by a Return Merchandise Authorization Number (RMA#) issued by Limelight.
- Any item that has been altered, tailored, or used.
- Any item that is not in the original box with sufficient packaging materials.
- Large Quantities, Special Orders or Project Quotations: When ordering large quantities or special orders for large projects, we suggest ordering a sample for evaluation, some manufacturers will not allow returns on large quantities.
- Consumables: Light bulbs, parts, shades, and opened consumables, dimmers, ballasts and all other electrical devices
- Any item not purchased from Limelight